Attending a Chiropractic practice has been deemed essential travel under the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) 2020 legislation.
We are therefore Open for Clients who have been struggling with pain and have a medical need such as
- Acute neck or back pain
- Severe Headaches or Dizziness
- Pinched nerves
- Slipped Disc
- Any acute or Chronic Pain that is affecting your daily living activities such as work, exercising or looking after your family.
If you have been experiencing any of these symptoms then you may be eligible for an appointment at Pure Wellness to see our Chiropractor.
Who is eligible for an appointment
The Government published a Statutory Instrument on 26th March 2020, no. 350 ‘The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020’ confirming that it is lawful for a chiropractic practice to remain open. It further defines those people who are classed as ‘vulnerable’.
IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY EXHIBITING SYMPTOMS RELATED TO COVID -19 , YOU'RE SELF-ISOLATING , LIVING WITH SOMEONE WHO IS SELF-ISOLATING OR YOU HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH ANYONE WITH OR SUSPECTED TO CURRENTLY HAVE COVID-19 WE CANNOT CURRENTLY ACCEPT YOU INTO THE CENTRE FOR AN APPOINTMENT UNTIL YOUR ISOLATION PERIOD IS OVER.
In addition we are currently not accepting patients from the ‘vulnerable’ and ‘extremely vulnerable’ at risk groups defined below:
- Over 70
- Have a long-term health condition/ Underlying Medical Conditions as listed below:
- Chronic respiratory diseases, such as asthma, COPD, emphysema or bronchitis.
- Chronic heart disease, such as heart failure.
- Chronic kidney disease.
- Chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis.
- Chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis, a learning disability or cerebral palsy.
- Problems with the spleen, such as sickle cell disease or removal of the spleen.
- A weakened immune system due to conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or medicines such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy.
- Being seriously overweight, (body mass index of 40 or above).
What Precautions are we taking within in the centre to keep you safe
1. Booking Appointments
We're currently scheduling appointments to ensure only 2 people are within the centre at any one time to allow a 2 metre distance to be maintained at all times and essential sanitisation to take place.
Please arrive for your appointment on time , if you're early then please wait in the car until your appointment time to ensure we limit the number of people within the centre.
Please also come to your appointment on your own to again limit the number of people within the centre.
2. Social Distancing and PPE
Thankfully our centre is large enough that we can easily ensure clients can maintain 2 metres away from each other at all times. We have also removed multiple chairs from the waiting areas and have a signed system in place to ensure your movements within the centre can easily adhere to our guidelines.
Our Chiropractors are wearing the PPE required by Public Health England for non-aerosal producing procedures which is disposable gloves and apron per client taken off in the advised procedure.
3. Hand Sanitisation
On Entry we have medical grade hand sanitiser of 60% alcohol which we ensure all clients use before entering into the rest of clinic. We have 2 hand washing stations easily accessible to all clients and further hand sanitiser available throughout the centre.
4. Disinfecting Equipment
We have provided one-use paper towels and disinfectant for wiping down all medical equipment and benches in-between use. Daily and weekly cleaning protocols have been revised and a log put in place (if you would like to view copy of this then please ask and we will show you when you're in the centre or email you through a copy). Protocols for disposing of waste have also been revised to adhere to guidelines set out by PHE.
If you have any questions regarding our Covid-19 Policy or you need further information then please do not hesitate to get in touch by calling us on 01202 463 405 or complete the Book Today form below with your questions in the 'Notes to the Doctor' box and we will get back to you ASAP.
The Pure Wellness Team