When did you last have a massage? Most of us would probably only have a massage as an indulgent treat or treatment during a spa day, somewhere in between the hot tub and afternoon tea. Well, we're here to tell you that massage is way more beneficial than just a one-off treat!
Now, we’re aware that having a family, time constraints and financial commitments sometimes makes regular massage treatments seem like a luxury that can be sacrificed. However, the benefits of regular massage can really make a significant difference, not only to your physical self but also to your emotional well-being. It is a powerful tool and one which has been practiced in some form or another since early times in all cultures. It gets things moving in your body and if you live a sedentary lifestyle, it is essential to improving your health.
Benefits of Regular Massage:
- Lowers cortisol levels (that’s the stress hormone which has a negative impact on the body if sustained at high levels for long periods of time)
- Raise mood-elevating brain chemicals (assisting in treating depression/anxiety)
- Helps to reduce blood pressure and slow the heart rate
- Improves circulation of the blood to extremities/skin/muscles/organs
- Improve muscle tone (stimulates inherent reflexes in muscle fibres bringing nutrients into the tense muscle)
- Aids circulation of the lymph, aiding drainage and stimulating the body’s immune system improving immune function
- Relieves stress related insomnia (especially when combined with specific essential oils)
- Ease and assist joint/muscle aches and pains aiding healing after injury or sports
- Fibromyalgia relief (many studies confirm benefits of regular massage)
- Alleviates and manages tension headaches (get rid of those harmful painkillers!)
- Help improve digestive disorders
- Assists in counteracting all that poor sitting posture (especially effective with regular chiropractic and functional exercise)
- Aids management of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorders
- Increase/unblock energy and reduce lethargy
- Brings balance between the body and mind increasing a person’s well-being
Did you know, everyone can massage!? It’s just touch, and it is an integral part of being human. If it hurts, we rub it better. When we soothe another person with a hug, we rub or pat the other person’s back. We can all learn to make that touch therapeutic and there are so many free resources out there to help you learn how!
Don’t feel like giving it a go yourself? We can help!
Book your massage here or book a block of 6 massages in practice and get 10% off.